You do not have any products in your shopping cart yet.
» » » Transparent lacquer - Transluzent lacquer - Shuai urushi
Transparent lacquer - transluzent lacquer - (Shuai urushi)
In the Japanese lacquer technique, the transluzent lacquer is added to the colored urushi red, blue, yellow and green, since they have a larger proportion of solid (pigment).
Ki-urushi / seshime-urushi (raw varnish / branch varnish), shuai urushi (transparent varnish or translucent varnish) and roiro urushi (black varnish) can be used normally for approx. 6 months after opening the tubes. After that, there may be a change in the properties under certain circumstances. It is therefore recommended to mix the "old paint" 1: 1 with fresh paint.
All colored lacquers are always mixed with fresh shuai urushi (transparent lacquer or translucent lacquer) and can therefore be used for longer.
Advice on health and labor protection
- The liquid Japanese lacquer can cause skin allergic reactions, so avoid skin contact with urushi. In rare cases, allergic reactions may also be caused by contact with the urushi vapors.
- While handling Urushi you should definitely wear latex or nitrile gloves! Discard contaminated clothing immediately.
- After skin contact with Urushi, immediately wipe the affected skin with rapeseed oil and cellulose.
- After eye contact with Urushi, thoroughly rinse eyes with water and seek medical attention.
- Clean the work surface with organic solvents such as alcohol or acetone.
- The workspace should be well ventilated.
- Brushes are cleaned with turpentine oil and rapeseed oil. Other tools are placed in the humidor as urushi cures in this environment.
Customers who bought this product also bought the following products:
for dilution of urushi
8602020 / 20 ml
8502000 / Silk Wadding - 10 g
3802050 - (gold) 45 g
3801050 - (redish) 45 g
Especially suitable for the processing of synthetic resins and solvents
8801001 / Bamboo-Scattering tube size 1 (brown) - tsutsu
for powders with particle size smaller than 100 μm
This Product was added to our catalogue on 18/07/2018.