You do not have any products in your shopping cart yet.
» » » Red lacquer - (Bengara urushi)
Transparent lacquer - Translucent lacquer - (Shuai urushi)
20g iron oxide red, very fine (bengara)
for making Bengara urushi
For lines: 50% translucent lacquer (Shuai urushi) and 50% iron oxide red (bengara)
For surfaces: 60% translucent lacquer (Shuai urushi) and 40% iron oxide red (bengara)
Thoroughly mix with wooden spatula!
Ki-urushi / seshime-urushi (raw varnish / branch varnish), shuai urushi (transparent varnish or translucent varnish) and roiro-urushi (black varnish) can be used normally for approx. 6 months after opening the tubes. After that, there may be a change in the properties under certain circumstances. It is therefore recommended to mix the "old paint" 1: 1 with fresh paint.
All colored lacquers are always mixed with fresh shuai-urushi (transparent lacquer or translucent lacquer) and can therefore be used for longer.
Advice on health and labor protection
- The liquid Japanese lacquer can cause skin allergic reactions, so avoid skin contact with urushi. In rare cases, allergic reactions may also be caused by contact with the urushi vapors.
- While handling Urushi you should definitely wear latex or nitrile gloves! Discard contaminated clothing immediately.
- After skin contact with Urushi, immediately wipe the affected skin with rapeseed oil and cellulose.
- After eye contact with Urushi, thoroughly rinse eyes with water and seek medical attention.
- Clean the work surface with organic solvents such as alcohol or acetone.
- The workspace should be well ventilated.
- Brushes are cleaned with turpentine oil and rapeseed oil. Other tools are placed in the humidor as urushi cures in this environment.
Customers who bought this product also bought the following products:
Raw lacquer - (Ki urushi) / Branch lacquer - (Seshime urushi) - Original Japanese lacquer, natural lacquer, Chinese lacquer
8001040 / 40 g
Black lacquer (Roiro urushi / Kuro urushi) Original Japanese lacquer, natural lacquer, Chinese lacquer
8002040 / 40 g
8502000 / Silk Wadding - 10 g
3802050 - (gold) 45 g
3801050 - (redish) 45 g
Aluminum powder - Arumifun (Japan)
Silver effect metal powder for Gintsugi
3803015 - 30 ml / 15 g
This Product was added to our catalogue on 18/01/2019.