You do not have any products in your shopping cart yet.
» » » Raw lacquer - Ki urushi / Seshime urushi
Raw lacquer - (Ki urushi) / Branch lacquer - (Seshime urushi)
The Japanese Seshime urushi (raw lacquer) is used among others for the manufacture of adhesives and fillers. In the Japanese lacquer technique, he also serves as a primer with various additives.
Earlier, Seshime urushi (branch lacquer) was obtained from the thin branches of the lacquer tree. Today, Seshime urushi varnishes from various import raw lacquers and is therefore only a trademark for Ki urushi (raw lacquer).
Ki-urushi / seshime-urushi (raw varnish / branch varnish), syuai urushi / hakushita urushi (transparent varnish or translucent varnish) and roiro-urushi (black varnish) can be used normally for approx. 6 months after opening the tubes. After that, there may be a change in the properties under certain circumstances. It is therefore recommended to mix the "old paint" 1: 1 with fresh paint.
All colored lacquers are always mixed with fresh syuai-urushi / hakushita-urushi (transparent lacquer or translucent lacquer) and can therefore be used for longer.
Advice on health and labor protection
- The liquid Japanese lacquer can cause skin allergic reactions, so avoid skin contact with urushi. In rare cases, allergic reactions may also be caused by contact with the urushi vapors.
- While handling Urushi you should definitely wear latex or nitrile gloves! Discard contaminated clothing immediately.
- After skin contact with Urushi, immediately wipe the affected skin with rapeseed oil and cellulose.
- After eye contact with Urushi, thoroughly rinse eyes with water and seek medical attention.
- Clean the work surface with organic solvents such as alcohol or acetone.
- The workspace should be well ventilated.
- Brushes are cleaned with turpentine oil and rapeseed oil. Other tools are placed in the humidor as urushi cures in this environment.
Customers who bought this product also bought the following products:
3802050 - (gold) 45 g
3801050 - (redish) 45 g
Red lacquer - (Bengara urushi) - Original Japanese lacquer, natural lacquer, Chinese lacquer
8400202 / (40 g Transparent Lacquer (Translucent lacquer) - (Syuai urushi) and 20g iron oxide red, very fine (bengara)
Autor: Stefan Drescher
1. Auflage 2022 - Deutsch
Klammerheftung, 28 Seiten
Format: 210 mm x 150 mm
Shipping information for Germany:
Deviating from the automatically calculated shipping costs, there is the possibility of uninsured letter / book shipping.
8201002 / length approx: 130mm / diameter approx: 12mm - 14mm
This Product was added to our catalogue on 22/11/2016.