Green lacquer - (Kusa-iro urushi / Seishitsu urushi)) is used in the Japanese lacquer technique with the addition of transparent lacquer (Shuai urushi) for decorative surface coating.
Advice on health and labor protection
- The liquid Japanese lacquer can cause skin allergic reactions, so avoid skin contact with urushi. In rare cases, allergic reactions may also be caused by contact with the urushi vapors.
- While handling Urushi you should definitely wear latex or nitrile gloves! Discard contaminated clothing immediately.
- After skin contact with Urushi, immediately wipe the affected skin with rapeseed oil and cellulose.
- After eye contact with Urushi, thoroughly rinse eyes with water and seek medical attention.
- Clean the work surface with organic solvents such as alcohol or acetone.
- The workspace should be well ventilated.
- Brushes are cleaned with rapeseed oil. Other tools are placed in the humidor as urushi cures in this environment.
modified eCommerce Shopsoftware © 2009-2019