You do not have any products in your shopping cart yet.
» » » Black Lacquer - (Roiro urushi)
Roiro urushi (black lacquer) is used in the Japanese lacquer technique for surface coating and as a basis for scattering of silver.
When black lacquer is used, it is not necessary to add transparent lacquer.
Ki-urushi / seshime-urushi (raw varnish / branch varnish), syuai urushi / hakushita urushi (transparent varnish or translucent varnish) and roiro-urushi (black varnish) can be used normally for approx. 6 months after opening the tubes. After that, there may be a change in the properties under certain circumstances. It is therefore recommended to mix the "old paint" 1: 1 with fresh paint.
All colored lacquers are always mixed with fresh syuai-urushi / hakushita-urushi (transparent lacquer or translucent lacquer) and can therefore be used for longer.
Advice on health and labor protection
- The liquid Japanese lacquer can cause skin allergic reactions, so avoid skin contact with urushi. In rare cases, allergic reactions may also be caused by contact with the urushi vapors.
- While handling Urushi you should definitely wear latex or nitrile gloves! Discard contaminated clothing immediately.
- After skin contact with Urushi, immediately wipe the affected skin with rapeseed oil and cellulose.
- After eye contact with Urushi, thoroughly rinse eyes with water and seek medical attention.
- Clean the work surface with organic solvents such as alcohol or acetone.
- The workspace should be well ventilated.
- Brushes are cleaned with turpentine oil and rapeseed oil. Other tools are placed in the humidor as urushi cures in this environment.
Customers who bought this product also bought the following products:
8201002 / length approx: 130mm / diameter approx: 12mm - 14mm
Raw lacquer - (Ki urushi) / Branch lacquer - (Seshime urushi) - Original Japanese lacquer, natural lacquer, Chinese lacquer
8001040 / 40 g
8502000 / Silk Wadding - 10 g
This Product was added to our catalogue on 22/11/2016.